- D-backs spoil Wrigley's 100th with rally in 9th
Fittingly, the Chicago Cubs marked Wrigley Field's 100th birthday with a loss -- a dramatic, error-filled one, at that.
- 6 hours ago, 24 Apr 14, 10:37am -
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
ESPN's 2014 Monday Night Football slate will open in Detroit and Glendale, Ariz., for the season-opening Sept. 8 doubleheader as 26 of the league's 32 teams will make an appearance on MNF.
- 6 hours ago, 24 Apr 14, 10:31am -
- Mavs cruise past Spurs to even series 1-1
Monta Ellis scored 21 points and the Dallas Mavericks rolled to a 113-92 victory over San Antonio on Wednesday night, snapping a 10-game skid against the Spurs and evening their first-round series at a game apiece.
- 6 hours ago, 24 Apr 14, 10:26am -
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
The Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks will open the 2014-15 NFL season against the Green Bay Packers on Thursday, Sept. 4.
- 6 hours ago, 24 Apr 14, 10:14am -
- Pineda ejected for foreign substance on neck
Yankees right-hander Michael Pineda admitted to using pine tar on the baseball during the second inning of Wednesday's 5-1 loss to the Red Sox at Fenway Park, but said he did it not to cheat, rather to ensure he did not hit anyone with an errant pitc…
- 6 hours ago, 24 Apr 14, 10:13am -
- Aldridge scores 43 as Blazers drop Rockets
LaMarcus Aldridge scored 43 points and Damian Lillard made six free throws down the stretch to give the Portland Trail Blazers a 112-105 win over the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night and a 2-0 lead in the first-round playoff series.
- 8 hours ago, 24 Apr 14, 8:39am -
- Kane's 2nd goal lifts Hawks over Blues in OT
Patrick Kane scored his second goal of the game at 11:17 of overtime, and the Chicago Blackhawks beat the St. Louis Blues 4-3 on Wednesday night to even their first-round playoff series at two games apiece.
- 9 hours ago, 24 Apr 14, 7:47am -
- Cooke suspended 7 games for hit on Barrie
The NHL cracked down hard on Matt Cooke, suspending the Minnesota Wild left wing for seven games Wednesday for his knee-to-knee hit that injured Colorado Avalanche defenseman Tyson Barrie.
- 12 hours ago, 24 Apr 14, 4:34am -
- McGrady makes Skeeters' roster as pitcher
Former NBA star Tracy McGrady has made the opening day roster of the Sugar Land Skeeters as a pitcher.
- 13 hours ago, 24 Apr 14, 3:08am -
- Agent: 'Zero' setbacks for Tiger in recovery
Tiger Woods has progressed to the point of "light" chipping and putting and there have been "zero" setbacks or complications since back surgery was performed on March 31, according to the golfer's agent, Mark Steinberg.
- 15 hours ago, 24 Apr 14, 1:28am -
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
Two Penn State alumni have received the OK from the borough to install a projected $300,000 life-sized bronze sculpture of Joe Paterno in downtown State College, Penn. And they're hoping the statue, will be installed by fall of next year.
- 17 hours ago, 23 Apr 14, 11:13pm -
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
Johnny Manziel is on the short list of players that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are heavily considering with their first-round pick in the NFL draft, a league source told ESPN.com's Vaughn McClure.
- 21 hours ago, 23 Apr 14, 7:12pm -