- Let's Negotiate Sensibly About Baseball's Game Pace
Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred tells the players' union, "Talk, or else!" about pace-of-game changes to come. SC's Jeff Kallman says, "Talk, period," and consider all angles of all prospective changes.
- 7 hours ago, 23 Feb 17, 6:10pm -
- The DeMarcus Cousins Trade: Why, Kings?
The Sacramento Kings made a terrible decision in trading big man DeMarcus Cousins, especially given what they got in return. SC's Kevin Beane tries to make sense of it, but is ultimately stumped.
- 1 day ago, 22 Feb 17, 4:40pm -
- The State of Sports News
What news counts as sports news? Sports fans reading last weekend's news headlines might notice a lot more scandal than sport. SC's Brad Oremland explains why that's a problem for the future of sports media.
- 2 days ago, 21 Feb 17, 5:44pm -
- Double-Digit Darlings
Every year, there are teams who destroy NCAA tourney brackets with monumental upsets in March. SC's Jean Neuberger selects three sleeper teams with a chance to shatter the hopes of many next month.
- 3 days ago, 20 Feb 17, 5:58pm -
- Shorten Games? Cut Warmup Pitches
No, SC's Jeff Kallman isn't crazy, but he does think it might be better to eliminate the eight warmups on the mound before a reliever goes to work -- better for the pitchers and better for the game pace.
- 7 days ago, 16 Feb 17, 4:47pm -
- NFL's Most Dominant Wins of 2016
With the 2016 NFL season in the rearview mirror, SC's Brad Oremland examines the most dominant wins (and most embarrassing losses), including two wins each by the Falcons, Cardinals, and Colts.
- 9 days ago, 14 Feb 17, 4:41pm -
- The West's Destiny?
The last time a team from the Western United States made a Final Four, Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook were in UCLA uniforms. In 2017, however, there are four teams in the Pacific or Mountain time zones that have a solid shot to break that drought.
- 10 days ago, 13 Feb 17, 9:45pm -
- Gregg Popovich vs. Phil Jackson
SC's Kevin Beane takes a look at the illustrious coaching career of Gregg Popovich and compares it to that of Phil Jackson. Jackson is still the more celebrated and touted coach. Is that fair? We find out in the Slant Pattern.
- 14 days ago, 9 Feb 17, 5:26pm -