- Dodgers go to familiar well, get Rays' Peralta
The Dodgers acquired veteran reliever Joel Peralta and minor league left-hander Adam Liberatore from the Tampa Bay Rays on Thursday night in exchange for young right-handers Jose Dominguez and Greg Harris.
- 2 hours ago, 21 Nov 14, 8:16am -
- Carr, Raiders stun Chiefs to snap skid at 16
Derek Carr threw a 9-yard touchdown pass to James Jones with 1:42 remaining, and the Oakland Raiders snapped a 16-game losing streak with a 24-20 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday night.
- 3 hours ago, 21 Nov 14, 7:28am -
- Cal cruises by No. 23 Cuse at the Garden
Jordan Mathews scored 20 of his 22 points in the second half, and California routed No. 23 Syracuse 73-59 on Thursday night to reach the championship game of the 2K Classic.
- 4 hours ago, 21 Nov 14, 6:01am -
- Regretful Peterson: I won't use switch again
Adrian Peterson expressed regret for injuring his 4-year-old son in an exclusive interview with USA Today published Thursday night, vowing never to use a switch as discipline on any of his children again.
- 4 hours ago, 21 Nov 14, 5:40am -
- Jets-Bills game moved to Monday in Detroit
The NFL has moved the New York Jets-Buffalo Bills game to 7 p.m. ET Monday at Ford Field in Detroit.
- 4 hours ago, 21 Nov 14, 5:39am -
- NBPA: Taylor ban excessive, violates CBA
NBPA head Michele Roberts says union ready to appeal Hornets forward Jeff Taylor's 24-game suspension.
- 7 hours ago, 21 Nov 14, 3:19am -
- Kings' Voynov charged for domestic violence
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has filed a felony case against Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov stemming from his arrest on suspicion of domestic violence last month, the DA confirmed in a statement.
- 7 hours ago, 21 Nov 14, 2:39am -
- Jackets' Johnson bankrupt, blames parents
Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and, according to a Columbus Dispatch report, claims that his parents are responsible for helping lead him "financially astray."
- 7 hours ago, 21 Nov 14, 2:37am -
- Pierce: Rivalry with LeBron 'misunderstood'
Paul Pierce believes his contentious rivalry with LeBron James is borne out of competitive respect more than any dislike for each other over the years.
- 9 hours ago, 21 Nov 14, 12:58am -
- Cavs' Blatt: Want to get Love more involved
Kevin Love spoke up about his role in the Cleveland Cavaliers' offense after a 92-90 loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday dropped the Cavs' record to a pedestrian 5-5, but coach David Blatt downplayed the merit of his star forward's concerns.
- 9 hours ago, 21 Nov 14, 12:54am -
- Blount returns to Patriots on new deal
Free-agent running back LeGarrette Blount, who was released by the Pittsburgh Steelers on Tuesday, signed with the New England Patriots on Thursday, the team announced.
- 11 hours ago, 20 Nov 14, 11:11pm -
- NFL: Games dominating TV airwaves this fall
Despite all the off-the-field issues, including its handling of the Ray Rice assault case, the NFL says viewership numbers show that the masses are still very interested in watching games on television.
- 11 hours ago, 20 Nov 14, 10:52pm -